Friday, April 4, 2008

BANG! BANG! BANGALORE!!!!

I know tis a little late for this post. Pardon me for the delay. These events happened 2 weeks back. They redefined the way I think on several subjects. It was one trip that opened my eyes and helped me take a giant leap towards nirvana
As i boarded the train, with my buddies, for Bangalore, the last thing on my mind was to get recommended for the Indian Navy. We found our coach and before getting on, as any passenger would do, checked our names on the list. But we went a bit further. Checked the whole list. Jackpot!!!! F19,F21,F22,F18.... These are not USAF fighter jets. These were our fellow passengers. Interesting journey lie ahead of us and we could not have asked for a better start. As the greenery sped past us outside we spent our time chatting and at times flirting with the F's.
Bangalore did not disappoint us one bit. It gave us more than we expected. Having arrived one day before the reporting day we had ample time to live the 'yeh dil mange more!!!' dream. Lodging was provided by our school mate, partner in crime, Adarsh A.K.A Pothan. Wonderful flat. A cool looking room mate...Norman. Come evening and so did the last member of our gang Bimal from NLSIU. Pothan's flat was near his college...Ramaiah College of medicine. Man!!! The whole time I spent in that campus I could not find one 'not good looking' girl. "Welcome to Bangalore city" was the chorus I heard in my mind when I saw them. The localites in the gang were unamused. As the sun set behind the tree tops we reached Ground Zero. Brigade Road. I don't know who named it, but whoever did had a wild imagination. Mc.D's, KFC's, Puma, Reebok, you name it and the place has it. After feasting our stomach and our eyes we moved on to a mall nearby. Garuda. There it stood spread eagled luring us towards it. The world is indeed a 'beautiful' place to be in if you know where you ought to be. We shopped a bit... A T shirt each for me and friend. But the bill was in 4 figures.


Every single day in B'lore we went to brigade and garuda, ate from Mc.D and KFC, ate umpteen number of 'softees' and did what every bachelor of our perspective would do.
Afer the 5 days of interview, the Navy guys told me to fuck off from Bangalore... While all others who dint get, complied, I refused. Stayed back for another day to satisfy the party animal inside me. I payed for it...big time. Before going back to my den I decided to book the return bus ticket. That was when I realised that the hungry animal in me had eaten away all my money. Not to worry 'cause I had my ATM card. Since twas an International debit card it was suppose to work in many bank counters. Unaware of which all, I entered the first ATM i saw. No luck. Then another and another... The same story. For the better or worse it got blocked. A wonderful start to my last day in B'lore. I returned and payed an advance. I still had to find the rest of the money. I decided to go to Pothan's as planned and think about this stuff later. We chilled that night. My other partner in crime could not join me 'cause his room mate got whacked in the head for tryn to be a hero.

The wise man, my dad, had asked me to take a check leaf with me just in case something like this cropped up. Next I turned to the one thing that has never let me down at such direst of situations. THE INTERNET. After locating the nearest branch of the bank, I resorted to the good old way to track it down. 'Ask'. The nearest branch turned out to be 13 Kms away from where I stayed. Since I was penniless I walked the whole way. After 55 minutes of walking viola there she lay, inviting... By the time I got back to Pothan's twas time for me to leave. We grabbed a quick lunch and I bid farewell to Bangalore with tears in my eyes and a solemn promise to return in the future. But that time with more cash!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

and the fucker din like the donut bakery!

Anonymous said...

dude..next time...we'll chill properly!! fuckin roomie!!

Blick!!! said...

no issues dude... we will chill properly next time... 'sides as i told u i was outa cash also